Do you know what is going on inside your IT Network may be your IT security is at stake?
Without knowing the devices on the network, it is not possible to know your IT network’s health. Keeping track of all the computers, mobile phones, printers and servers on a growing business’ network is challenging.
However, if you do not constantly monitor your network, cybercriminals can rush to exploit it.
SMB IT leaders have even more reason to be concerned. That’s because SMBs are the favorite target of cybercriminals, representing 60% of all Cyber attacks, according to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. SMBs, SMEs and Startups become a very easy target for the novice hacker which leads to loss of Their Company Reputation.
Types of Cyber Attacks:
1) Malware: Malware is malicious software such as spyware, ransom ware, viruses and worms. Malware is activated when a user clicks on a malicious link or attachment, which leads to installing dangerous software.
2) Phishing: Phishing attacks use fake communication, such as an email, to trick the receiver into opening it and carrying out the instructions inside, such as providing a credit card number.
3) Man in the Middle: A man-in-the-middle (MITM) attack occurs when hackers insert themselves into a two-party transaction. After interrupting the traffic, they can filter and steal data.
4) Emotet: The Cyber security and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) describes Emotet as “an advanced, modular banking Trojan that primarily functions as a downloader or dropper of other banking Trojans. Emotet continues to be among the most costly and destructive malware.”
5) SQL Injections: A Structured Query Language (SQL) injection is a type of cyber-attack that results from inserting malicious code into a server that uses SQL. When infected, the server releases information. Submitting the malicious code can be as simple as entering it into a vulnerable website search box.
6) Password Attacks: With the right password, a cyber attacker has access to a wealth of information.
7) Denial of Service: A denial of service (DoS) is a type of cyber-attack that floods a computer or network so it can’t respond to requests. A distributed DoS (DDoS) does the same thing, but the attack originates from a computer network.
The important aspects that make up Cyber Security and what all DCS has to offer:
1) Endpoint detection and response (EDR), also known as endpoint threat detection and response (ETDR), is a cyber technology that continually monitors and responds to mitigate cyber threats.
Compared to traditional security solutions, EDR provides enhanced visibility into your endpoints and allows for faster response time. Furthermore, EDR tools detect and protect your organization from advanced forms of malware (such as polymorphic malware), APTs, phishing, etc. It’s also worth mentioning that EDR solutions are based upon machine learning algorithms designed to spot yet unknown types of malware, which will subsequently make behavior-based categorization decisions. In essence, if certain files seem to behave maliciously (and similar to already known kinds of malware), they will not manage to bypass EDR solutions.
Confused which Endpoint Security Vendor should you proceed with? EDR Solutions have been evolved dramatically in the past decades. DCS Tech Team helps you make the right investment in the right Generation of EDR tool specific to your Industrial needs. DCS has Highly skilled Cyber Security Staff with EDR specialties so that you stand Robust to Cyber Threats.
2) SOC: A security operations center (SOC) is a centralized unit that deals with security issues on an organizational and technical level. It comprises the three building blocks people, processes, and technology for managing and enhancing an organization’s security posture.
There is a pressing need for skilled SOC analysts who can serve as front-line defenders, warning other professionals about emerging and existing cyber threats.
The incorporation of a SOC in the company’s existing framework is gaining ground across various industries around the world, including the public sector, healthcare, BFSI, education system, and retail sectors. Apart from them, businesses that are data-related are also making use of a SOC to deal with potential threats.
Organizations need effective and efficient coordination from the SOC because the threats attacking their environments are relentless. By some estimates:
Cyber attacks triggered over 7,000 breaches in 2019, exposing 15.1 billion records. The average cost of data breach is now $3.92M. It takes an average of 279 days to identify and contain a breach.
86% of organizations rate the SOC as anywhere from important to essential to their Cyber security strategy
Now that we all know the importance of a qualified SOC let’s make this a practice to eliminate Cyber attacks. The Prime goal of DCS’s SOC Team is to keep up with reporting and communication with the business to keep everyone informed of risk. The trend data from SOC monitoring and response activities can help shape future security road maps, streamline compliance reporting, and help the business better calculate financial risk from cyber threats. DCS offers the best of SOC Teams who are always jacked up with the recent technological trends and help your organization keeps the Cyber-attacks at bay. Get a Specially designed dedicated SOC team right after the Free IT Security Assessment of your organization based on the Cyber Security voids we need to target.
3) Penetration Testing: It is more important than ever those manufacturers and producers undertake continuous vulnerability scans and penetration testing to identify susceptibility and ensure that Cyber security controls are configured and functioning properly to minimize losses.
The first reason why penetration testing is important is reducing loss magnitude associated with successful security breaches and resulting business disruption The second reason why penetration testing is important is to detect previously unknown vulnerabilities Another reason that contributes to the importance of penetration testing is to provide feedback on the effectiveness of security tools that manufacturers use in their day-to-day operations. Most manufacturers and producers use some form of security tools, such as backup software, anti-virus and anti-malware services, and system maintenance tools. While leadership teams may have confidence that these tools are effective, they cannot assign any confidence level until they are adequately tested. The final reason why penetration testing is important to manufacturers relates to adherence to regulated guidelines
Any server connected to the internet is at risk of getting attacked by hackers. Our Penetration testers at DCS helps organizations simulate a DDoS attack in a controlled environment with ethical hackers to assess the risk exposure of the servers and save you from attacks. We help organizations like you by incorporating pen testing to identify vulnerabilities in the system and work to resolve any risks. Thus, you can be sure of how secure your organization’s server is even if you are using multiple protection schemes or none of them.
How can you overcome Cyber Crimes and make your organization Compliant to Cyber Threats?
By Automating Network Discovery and Continuous Risk Assessment, you can detect all the devices on your network and document vital statistics from a central location. Implementing network discovery and documentation can be simple, and we at DCS can help. With our effective solution, you can minimize risks by knowing your network inside out.
DCS New Jersey USA is a complete IT Managed Services company based out of New Jersey USA with the best of In-House Engineers for Cyber Security. Now again, Cyber Security is very vast and has various technologies and tools Don’t Be Fooled and proceed with something which is not a value add and is not your Company specific. In this manner you settle for less and are left with limited options and end up paying extra bugs for Minimum resources.
We understand SMBs, SMEs and Startups have limited resources to spend into IT Security and Cyber Security can cost you fortunes for minimal resources in the United States.
DCS New Jersey USA is into IT from the past 2 Decades being an SMB our self we understand the financial perks of SMBs. DCS offers Free Security IT Assessment from our Cyber Security Expert Team so that you have a complete analysis of your IT environment and act accordingly. Regular Risk Assessment sessions and continuous Health Monitoring will be a part of our Cyber Security Services so that we make sure we are 5 steps ahead of the Hackers.
Do I Implement Cyber Security for my SMB? Is that even a question! Anywhere anytime your SMB organization is exposed to Internet Cyber Security is a Necessity. DCS for SMB, DCS for Cyber Security is the Answer!